Walkthroughs for Team Edition for Testers
These walkthroughs introduce the major feature areas of Visual Studio Team Edition for Testers. Using a series of step-by-step instructions, the following walkthroughs illustrate how to create tests, how to run them, and how to obtain test results.
- Walkthrough: Creating and Running Unit Tests
Leads you through the steps to create and customize unit tests, run them, and examine the test results.
- Walkthrough: Run Tests and View Code Coverage
Builds on a previous walkthrough to show how to view code coverage data, which shows the proportion of your project's code that is being tested.
- Walkthrough: Recording and Running a Web Test
In this walkthrough, you create a Web test from a browser recording, and verify that it works correctly. You will also view request properties and specify a proxy server.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Coded Web Test
In this walkthrough you convert a recorded Web test into a coded Web test. After you convert the Web test to a coded Web test, you add new code to the Web test, and verify that it works correctly.
- Walkthrough: Adding Data Binding to a Web Test
In this walkthrough, you add data binding to a Web test and verify that it works correctly. You also create a simple text file data source to bind to.
- Walkthrough: Adding Validation and Extraction Rules to a Web Test
In this walkthrough, you will add validation and extraction rules to a Web test and verify that they work correctly.
- Walkthrough: Creating and Running a Manual Test
Leads you through the steps to add a test project and a manual test to your solution, author the manual test, and run it.
- Walkthrough: Creating and Running a Generic Test
In this walkthrough, you create a program to wrap as a generic test. Then, you create and run the generic test. You also follow steps to pass command-line arguments and deploy files when you run the test.
- Walkthrough: Creating and Running a Load Test
Leads you through the steps to create a load test, change its settings, and then run it.
- Walkthrough: Managing Tests Using Lists and Properties
Leads you through the steps to create a test list, add tests to it, copy tests between test lists, and disable tests by using a test property.
- Walkthrough: Using the Command-line Test Utility
In this walkthrough, you use the MSTest.exe command-line utility to run tests that you created in a previous walkthrough.
- Walkthrough: Using a Configuration File to Define a Data Source
A data-driven unit test is a unit test that is run repeatedly for each row in a data source. This walkthrough shows how to define, in an app.config file, a data source that will supply data to a data-driven unit test.