In general, an application uses VCM to perform the following tasks:
- Locate, open, or install a compressor or decompressor.
- Configure or obtain configuration information about the compressor or decompressor.
- Use a series of functions to compress, decompress, or draw the data.
The functions and macros of the DrawDib library perform these tasks implicitly and might provide the most convenient way to use VCM. For more information about the DrawDib library, see DrawDib.
The following sections describe tasks you can perform by using VCM:
- Compressor and Decompressor Basics
- User-Selected Compressors
- Compressor and Decompressor Installation and Removal
- Compressor and Decompressor Configuration
- Getting Information About Compressors and Decompressors
- Single-Image Compression
- Sequence Compression
- Image-Data Compression
- Single-Image Decompression
- Image-Data Decompression
- Monitoring the Progress of Compressors and Decompressors
- Hardware Drawing Capabilities