DDraw and Animation
This code sample is named Mosquito. It demonstrates DirectDraw animation using overlays. The application creates a complex Overlay Surface and animates by Flipping. On a device with overlay support, the program creates a large mosquito that flies around the screen.
- ChangeDisplaySettingsEx function
- DEVMODE structure
- GetSystemMetrics function
- IDirect3DMobile::CreateDevice function
- IDirect3DMobile::RegisterSoftwareDevice function
- IDirect3DMobileDevice::BeginScene function
- IDirect3DMobileDevice::EndScene function
- IDirect3DMobileDevice::Present function
- IDirect3DMobileDevice::Reset function
- Presenting a Scene Conceptual
- SHFullScreen function
To run the code sample
Navigate to the solution file (*.sln), and double-click it. By default, the solution file is copied to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\Directx\Ddraw\Mosquito\``Mosquito.sln
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 launches and loads the solution.
Build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B).
Deploy the solution (F5).
It is assumed that you have a display adapter that supports overlays.
The application requires at least 1.2 MB of video RAM.
This application demands the keyboard focus. You will not be able to switch out of the application until you exit by pressing the ACTION button.
Pocket PC SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK.
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2005.
ActiveSync: Version 4.0.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors