File Change Notification
This code sample is named FileChangeNotif. It demonstrates how to enlist a window for receiving file system change notifications.
- Shell and User Interface Reference
- SHChangeNotifyRegister function
- SHChangeNotifyDeregister function
To run the code sample
Navigate to the solution file (*.sln), and double-click it. By default, the solution file is copied to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\FileChangeNotif\``FileChangeNotif.sln
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 launches and loads the solution.
Build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B).
Deploy the solution (F5).
To use the application
- Click on the AV icon at the bottom of the Today screen.
- Click Start to begin receiving file change notifications.
- Make a change to the file system (for example, create or delete a file).
- Return to the application and click Refresh Display. A report on the file system changes displays.
Pocket PC SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK.
Smartphone SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone SDK.
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2005.
ActiveSync: Version 4.0.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors