This code sample is named myBackLight. It demonstrates how to create a simple control panel application for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC.
To run the code sample
Navigate to the solution file (*.sln), and double-click it. By default, the solution file is copied to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\myBackLight\``myBackLight.sln
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 launches and loads the solution.
Build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B).
Deploy the solution (F5).
After you build this code sample, you can configure Visual Studio 2005 to debug it remotely on the mobile device by following these steps.
To debug this project
- In Visual Studio, right-click the myBackLight project in Solution Explorer, and then click Properties.
- Expand Configuration Properties, and click Debugging.
- In Debugger to launch:, select Smart Device Native Debugger.
- In Remote Executable, type "\Windows\ctlpnl.exe".
- In Command Arguments, type "myBackLight.cpl".
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Press F5 to begin debugging.
Using the application
To view the control panel application in Start > Settings. You might need to reset the mobile device.
Control panel applications can be started programmatically. The format of the command is:
This sample does not actually control the backlight, it simply illustrates how a control panel application is implemented.
The resulting file, "myBackLight.cpl", will be deployed to the "\Windows" directory on the mobile device.
Pocket PC SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK.
Smartphone SDK: Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone SDK.
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2005.
ActiveSync: Version 4.0.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors