Installing MSMQ on a Palm-size PC or a Pocket PC
The following instructions assume that you have already downloaded the MSMQ add-on pack, which contains the MSMQ application run-time files for the Palm-size PC and Pocket PC. Note that these redistributable files are covered under an end-user license agreement (EULA). For additional licensing information, see EULA.doc in the MSMQ add-on pack.
Before installing MSMQ, Palm-size PC or Pocket PC devices must be connected by means of a docking cradle to a desktop PC. At the desktop machine, perform the following operations:
- From the redistr directory of the add-on pack, pick the prepackaged module that is appropriate for your system and CPU.
- Copy this module to \Windows\Start Menu on your device.
- Run this module; it will install the drivers and MSMQ support programs on the device.
- Choose Programs from the Start menu, and then choose MSMQ to find VISADM. Run the program VISADM.EXE.
- Choose Install from the Shortcuts menu, and then choose Register from the Shortcuts menu.
- Reboot the device following your manufacturer's instructions.
- Test your installation.