For more details of the topics covered in this guide, see Contents of the Guide.
This section of the guide contains appendices that provide an overview of the Microsoft application platform; and technology matrices covering topics such as presentation, data access, integration, and workflow that will help you evaluate and choose appropriate technologies for your application scenario. Additionally, it walks you through the features in the Microsoft patterns & practices Enterprise Library, which can help to accelerate the design and creation of application by addressing common crosscutting concerns. The appendices also include the Microsoft patterns & practices pattern catalog, which lists key patterns that you will find useful when designing your architecture.
The appendices included in this guide are:
- Appendix A: The Microsoft Application Platform
- Appendix B: Presentation Technology Matrix
- Appendix C: Data Access Technology Matrix
- Appendix D: Integration Technology Matrix
- Appendix E: Workflow Technology Matrix
- Appendix F: patterns & practices Enterprise Library
- Appendix G: patterns & practices Pattern Catalog