The Cryptography Application Block
This content is outdated and is no longer being maintained. It is provided as a courtesy for individuals who are still using these technologies. This page may contain URLs that were valid when originally published, but now link to sites or pages that no longer exist.
|The latest Enterprise Library information can be found at the Enterprise Library site.|
The Enterprise Library Cryptography Application Block simplifies how developers incorporate cryptographic functionality in their applications. Applications can use the application block for a variety of tasks, such as encrypting information, creating a hash from data, and comparing hash values to verify that data has not been altered.
The Cryptography Application Block has the following features:
- It reduces the requirement to write boilerplate code to perform standard tasks; it does this by providing implementations that you can use to solve common application cryptography problems.
- It helps maintain consistent cryptography practices, both within an application and across the enterprise.
- It eases the learning curve for developers by using a consistent architectural model across the various areas of functionality that are provided.
- It provides implementations that you can use to solve common application cryptography problems.
- It is extensible; this means it supports custom implementations of cryptography providers.
This section includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the Cryptography Application Block
- Developing Applications Using the Cryptography Application Block
- Key Scenarios
- Design of the Cryptography Application Block
- Extending and Modifying the Cryptography Application Block
- Deployment and Operations
- Cryptography QuickStart
For more information, see the following resources: