The SharePoint Guidance Library provides classes that assist you in building repositories for SharePoint lists. Every SharePoint list repository must perform the following two tasks:
- Build CAML queries to query the SharePoint list.
- Map to and from the fields of a SharePoint list item and the public properties of a business entity class that you define.
The following sections describe the scenarios:
- Creating a Repository. This scenario demonstrates how to create a repository class and the corresponding business entity class.
- Submitting a Query to a List. This scenario demonstrates how to use a CAML query to retrieve data from a list.
- Populating a Business Entity from a List Item. This scenario demonstrates how to convert the results of a CAML query into strongly-typed business entities.
- Saving a Business Entity to a List. This scenario demonstrates how to update a list item with a strongly-typed business entity.