Configure a Global Policy to Support Dial-in Conferencing
Topic Last Modified: 2009-05-13
In Office Communications Server 2007 R2, the default meeting policy for the forest does not specify support for dial-in conferencing. You must configure and apply a meeting policy that specifies support for dial-in conferencing in order to enable the following scenarios:
- To provide users with the option of including a Conferencing Attendant conference access phone number in meeting or conference invitations.
- To add audio to an instant messaging conference that includes participants who are using the Communicator Web Access client and, therefore, have access to audio only by using a telephone.
- To add users without access to a unified communications client to an audio/video conference.
When you configure meeting policies, ensure that the meeting size limit is large enough to account for dial-in conferencing users, including anonymous dial-in conferencing users, as meeting participants.
To configure support for dial-in conferencing in a meeting policy
You can assign one meeting policy to all users or you can create multiple meeting policies and then assign them to users on an individual basis. To assign meeting policies to users on an individual basis, configure a policy as described in this topic, and then see Configuring the Meeting Policy for Individual Users in the Administering Office Communications Server 2007 R2 documentation.
Log on to a computer that has Office Communications Server 2007 R2 administrative tools installed as a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group and the DomainAdmins group.
Click Start, click All Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
In the console tree, right-click the forest node, click Properties, click Global Properties, and then click the Meetings tab.
To configure a global meeting policy, do the following:
- To create a new policy, under Policy Settings, click Add.
- To modify an existing policy, under Policy Definition, click the name of the policy in the Global policy list, and then click Edit.
In the dialog box, select the Enable IP audio check box, and then select the Enable PSTN conference dial-in check box.
Optionally, to require anonymous participants to enter a conference pass code to join a dial-in conference, select the PSTN conference dial-in requires passcode check box.
Click OK, click Apply, and then click OK again.