Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Backup and Restoration Guide
Topic Last Modified: 2009-11-20
This document provides backup and service restoration information for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2. It includes detailed procedures for backing up and restoring service. You can use this document to establish your backup and restoration strategy, and to develop a backup and restoration plan and the specific procedures appropriate for your organization. Backup and restoration planning should be part of your complete planning effort for providing the appropriate level of service for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, as described in the Planning for Backup and Restoration section of the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Planning Guide documentation.
You can download the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Backup and Restoration Guide as a Word file from the Microsoft Download Center at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=154160.
In This Section
- Introduction to Office Communications Server Backup and Restoration describes the basic backup and restoration concepts and principles for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and describes how to use this guide most effectively.
- Preparing for Backup and Recovery provides information to help you determine your backup and restoration strategy and create a plan that clearly communicates backup methods for your organization, as well as requirements to be met in the event that service needs to be restored.
- Pool, Server, and Site Backup provides complete procedures for backing up the settings and data required to restore service to an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 deployment, in the event of the loss of one or more components.
- Restoration of Service provides complete procedures for restoring service by recovering or rebuilding systems, including data and settings, as required in the event of component failure, data corruption, a site disaster, or other event that makes one or more services unavailable to users. The procedures can be used to restore service by either recovering or rebuilding one or more databases, servers, pools, or sites, or by bringing a separate site online to provide service.
- Appendices: Backup and Restoration Worksheets provides worksheets to help you document your backup and restoration decisions and create your plan.