Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Administration Guide
Topic Last Modified: 2009-11-20
The topics in this section explain how to configure and manage your Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 deployment.
You can download the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Administration Guide as a Word file from the Microsoft Download Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=154159.
In This Section
- Management Overview provides an overview of the tools used to administer Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and the new management features in this release.
- Installing and Using Administrative Tools describes the administrative tools available for managing Office Communications Server 2007 R2 servers and users, including how to install and use the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 snap-in, the Computer Management snap-in extension, and Active Directory Users and Computers. This section also provides a quick reference to the administrative tools, a summary of how specific server settings affect clients, a summary of the changes that require a service restart, and a summary of the changes that require the completion of Active Directory replication to take effect.
- Managing Global Settings for the Forest describes how to manage the global settings that affect all servers and pools in the forest, including specifying the supported internal Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) domains, as well as viewing the status of specific components and settings.
- Managing Enterprise Pools and Standard Edition Servers describes how to manage pools, as well as individual Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Standard Edition Server servers, servers in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition pools, and applications that run on servers and in pools. This section describes how to control the availability of specific services, servers, and applications, including deactivating and removing those services, servers, and applications. This section also describes how to configure Address Book Server, the component responsible for providing global address list information from Active Directory Domain Services and performing phone number normalization for Microsoft Office Communicator telephony integration.
- Managing External Connectivity for Your Organization with Edge Servers describes how to manage federation, public instant messaging (IM) connectivity, remote users, and related functionality to support external connectivity using edge servers, including managing server connectivity between internal servers and edge servers, configuring internal and external interfaces and certificates for edge servers, and monitoring and managing access by specific federated partners.
- Managing Usage describes how to set up and configure specific functions and features of Office Communications Server 2007 R2, including those required for implementing support for Web conferencing meetings, Enterprise Voice, distribution groups, contacts, presence, queries, client version filtering, intelligent IM filtering, archiving, meeting compliance, Quality of Experience (QoE) monitoring, call detail recording, Front End scripts (script-only applications), QoS, and Device Update Service.
- Managing User Accounts describes how to enable and configure individual accounts to provide the functionality required for each account, as well as how to search for, move, and delete users.
- Using Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Logging Tool provides procedures for using the debug functionality of Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Logging Tool, as well as other logging and tracing functionality.
- Managing Presence Policies provides procedures for modifying the default policies that impact presence functionality for users of Office Communications Server 2007 R2. This section also describes how to create new presence policies and delete an existing presence policy.