Object Model of Unified Communications Client API
This content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for anyone who may still be using these technologies, with no warranties or claims of accuracy with regard to the most recent product version or service release.
Unified Communications Client API objects can be logically grouped into the following feature-based categories:
- Platform Object. The entry point to all other Unified Communications Client API functionalities.
- Endpoint Object. The object representation of a user in real-time communications and collaborations.
- Session Objects. Encapsulation of signaling and collaboration sessions, including instant messaging (IM), voice, video, application-sharing, and conference.
- Conference Creation Objects. Conference creation object encapsulate the functionality you need to create collaboration sessions involving more than two people.
- Publication and Subscription Objects. Encapsulation of the general framework for publishing and subscribing to data or information.
- Device Management Objects. Encapsulation of the management functionalities for local devices to render media.
- Media Connectivity Objects. Encapsulation of the management functionality for enabling media transmission across firewalls.