Delegate Access Tasks
Topic Last Modified: 2007-09-25
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) introduces delegate access and delegate access management through Exchange Web Services. The following delegate access functionality is available starting with Exchange 2007 SP1:
- Delegates can access the mailbox of a principal and perform search, create, delete, update, and copy operations.
- You can enable delegate access to items based on folder-level permissions that are set by using the delegate management operations.
- Delegates can create and send meeting messages on behalf of the principal.
- Delegates can receive meeting messages that are forwarded by the principal and respond to them for the principal.
- Users who have owner rights on a shared mailbox can open the mailbox and act as the owner.
- Delegates can create notification subscriptions on folders in the mailbox of the principal.
In This Section