How to: Hide the Ribbon When Access Starts
|Access Developer Reference|
By default, Microsoft Office Access 2007 does not provide a method for hiding the Ribbon. This topic describes how to load a customized ribbon that hides all of the built-in tabs.
To load the customized ribbon when Access starts, you should store its settings in a table named USysRibbons.
The USysRibbons table must be created using specific column names in order for the Ribbon customizations to be implemented. The following table describes the settings to use when creating the USysRibbons table.
|Column Name||Data Type||Description|
|RibbonName||Text||Contains the name of the custom ribbon to be associated with this customization.|
|RibbonXML||Memo||Contains the Ribbon Extensibility XML (RibbonX) that defines the Ribbon customization.|
The following table describes the Ribbon customization settings to store in the USysRibbons table.
|RibbonXML||<CustomUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/CustomUI"> <ribbon startFromScratch="true"/></CustomUI>|
Applying the Customized Ribbon When Access Starts
To implement a custom UI so that it is available when the application starts, do the following:
- Follow the process described previously to make the customized ribbon available to the application.
- Close and then restart the application.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button and then click Access Options.
- Click the Current Database option and then, in the Ribbon and Toolbar Options section, click the Ribbon Name list and select HideTheRibbon.
- Close and restart the application.
|For more information about the Ribbon UI in other Office applications, see Overview of the Ribbon User Interface.|