Authoring and Managing Metadata
The topics in this section help you learn how to use the Administration object model to build your own administrative tool for authoring metadata and managing application definitions.
In This Section
- How to: Get Started with Using the Administration Object Model
Learn how to use the Administration object model to create, edit, and delete metadata.
- How to: Create an LobSystem Using the Administration Object Model
Create an LobSystem instance and set connection parameters for a business application.
- How to: Create an Entity Using the Administration Object Model
Create an Entity object with an identifier for your business application.
- How to: Create a Method and Filters Using the Administration Object Model
Create methods that you can use on entities in your business application.
- How to: Add an Action and Update an Entity
Add an Action that allows you to update business entities.
- How to: Delete an Entity
Learn how to delete an entity, including an LobSystem object, and its children.
- How to: Get the Access Control List for a Metadata Object
Find out how to retrieve the list of access control entries for an LobSystem or other metadata object.
- How to: Add an Access Control Entry to a Metadata Object
Learn how to give permissions to users to enable them to execute methods, edit settings, and set permissions on a metadata object.
- How to: Import an Application Definition from XML
Easily add application definitions by importing metadata from XML files.
- Administration Object Model: Best Practices and Tips
Find tips for getting more out of the Administration object model.