Excel Services User-Defined Functions
This section contains information about user-defined functions (UDFs) and how to use UDF attributes in your code.
In This Section
- Understanding Excel Services UDFs
Learn about managed-code UDFs, including required attributes, deployment, and security.
- Walkthrough: Developing a Managed-Code UDF
Get step-by-step instructions on developing Excel Services UDFs using Microsoft Visual C#.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Excel Services UDFs
Find answers to the most common questions about Excel Services UDFs.
- How to: Enable UDFs
Learn how to enable UDFs and allow them to be called from an Excel workbook.
- How to: Create a UDF that Calls a Web Service
Learn how to call an external Web service from a UDF.
- How to: Access an External Data Source From a UDF
Get an example showing how to access an external database from a UDF.
- How to: Deploy UDFs Using Windows SharePoint Services Solutions
Learn how to deploy a UDF by using the Windows SharePoint Services solution framework.
- How to: Restrict UDF Code Access Security Permissions
Learn how to create a custom code group and restrict permission for a UDF assembly by using the .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration tool.
Excel Services UDF attributes.