Speech Add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer Stand-alone Installation
This document describes how to install the Speech Add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer. The stand-alone installer enables speech application users to install the Speech Add-in and run speech-enabled Web pages without installing any additional components provided with the Microsoft Speech Application SDK Version 1.1 (SASDK).
This document also describes how speech application developers can host the Speech Add-in, making it accessible to speech application users on the network. Accessing the Speech Add-in on the network allows speech application users to download and install the Speech Add-in without installing the SASDK.
Installing the Speech Add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer
To install the Speech Add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Locate the server that hosts the Speech Add-in, and then open the directory that contains the Speech Add-in setup application.
- Double-click setup.exe to open the installation wizard and follow the instructions on the screen.
- When the installation is complete, click Start Menu, point to Programs, point to Speech Add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then click Speech Add-in Start page.
- Test speech output and input by following the steps on the Speech Add-in Start page.
Making the Speech Add-in Accessible to Network Users
To provide the Speech Add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer installer
- Insert the SASDK Version 1.1 CD into the CD drive.
- Open My Computer, right-click the CD drive icon, and then click Explore.
- Double-click the directory labeled Redistributable Installers.
- Copy the directory labeled Speech Add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer to a directory on a server that users can use to access the file from their own computers.