Modify or Remove Exchange 2010
Applies to: Exchange Server 2010 SP3, Exchange Server 2010 SP2
This topic explains how to use the Exchange Server 2010 Setup wizard to modify or remove Exchange 2010.
You must ensure that each of the server roles meets the appropriate prerequisites and system requirements before you begin the modification or uninstall process. For more information about server roles, see Overview of Exchange 2010 Server Roles. To understand the prerequisites for all server roles, see Exchange 2010 Prerequisites. For more information about system requirements, see Exchange 2010 System Requirements.
Removing Exchange 2010 after Coexistence with Exchange 2013
If you're removing Exchange 2010 after being in coexistence mode with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, make sure you have completed the following checklist before you uninstall Exchange 2010 from your organization:
- All Client Access server FQDNs are pointing to Exchange 2013.
- All mail flow connectors are pointing to Exchange 2013.
- All user and arbitration mailboxes have been moved to Exchange 2013.
- If you were using public folders, make sure the public folders databases have been migrated to Exchange 2013.
- Any Exchange 2010 CAS arrays you have configured must be removed.
- Make a list of applications that may be using Exchange 2010 and then make sure to configure these applications to start using Exchange 2013 if necessary.
For more information, see Exchange Server 2013.
Modify or Remove Exchange Server 2010
You can either run Exchange 2010 Setup.exe or navigate to Control Panel to modify or remove Exchange 2010 (either server roles or an entire installation).
- The Maintenance Mode page of the Exchange Server 2010 Setup wizard begins the process of changing or removing your Exchange installation. Click Next to continue.
- On the Server Role Selection page, select the Exchange server roles that you want to add (if you're changing an installation) or remove (if you're removing one or more server roles or an entire installation). Click Next to continue.
- On the Readiness Checks page, view the status to determine if the organization and server role prerequisite checks completed successfully. If the prerequisites check doesn't complete successfully, review the Summary page to help troubleshoot and fix any issues that are preventing Setup from completing. If the checks have completed successfully, click Install if you want to add a server role or Uninstall to remove the specified server role(s) or the entire installation of Exchange 2010.
- On the Completion page, click Finish.
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.