Office 365 APIs platform overview
Applies to: Office 365
Office 365 API functionality is also available through Microsoft Graph, a unified API that includes APIs from other Microsoft services such as Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, Planner, and Office Graph, accessible through a single endpoint and with a single access token. We recommend using Microsoft Graph in your apps when possible.
Whether you want to incorporate the richness of Office 365 data into your app, or create a custom experience within Office 365 itself, or use custom reports to keep your Office 365 Enterprise environment running smoothly, you can use the following developer features to achieve your goals.
Integrate Office 365 data into your own apps
You can create custom solutions that access and interact with all the richness of a user’s Office 365 data—and you can build those solutions across all mobile, web, and desktop platforms. The new Office 365 APIs enable you to provide access to Office 365 data, including their mail, calendars, contacts, files, and folders. All right from within your app itself.
Whether you're building web applications using .NET, PHP, Java, Python, or Ruby on Rails, or creating apps for Windows 8, Universal Apps, iOS, Android, or on another device platform. It's your choice.
Create custom experiences within Office 365
Now, you can extend Office 365 itself. Customize how your data and experiences are displayed within and interact with Office 365 to provide a seamless user experience.
Analyze and manage the health of your Office 365 Enterprise environment
Office 365 Enterprise provides administrators a variety of developer features to keep their domains and subscriptions effective and well-tuned.
You can also create custom experiences within the Office clients, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and within SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online. To learn more, see Office add-ins and SharePoint add-ins.
- Code samples on dev.office.com
- Set up your Office 365 development environment
- Office 365 app authentication and resource authorization
- Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio and Office 365 Client Libraries
- Getting familiar with the Office 365 API Client Libraries
- Office 365 API Client Libraries - Authenticating your client to Office 365
- Changes to Office 365 API Authentication Library in the Summer Update
- Training videos on the Office Dev Center
- Getting started with the Office 365 APIs (training video)