What's in the Box
Along with this guide, you received the following:
- Quick Start poster. Use this poster to step through the tasks that are necessary to install Windows SBS 2003 R2. This includes information such as how to configure your physical network, how to configure your server hard disk partitions, and what information you must obtain before you start Setup.
- Windows SBS 2003 R2 installation discs. Use discs 1 - 5 or the DVD (if available) to install Windows SBS 2003 with SP1. If your computer has a DVD drive, it is recommended that you install using the DVD. The DVD does not require the disc swapping that is required when using the CDs. If you are unsure whether your computer supports a DVD, see your hardware manufacturer's documentation.
- Outlook 2003 disc. Use the disc for the Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003 messaging and collaboration client when Setup prompts you to insert the disc. Setup then creates an installation shared folder that is used to deploy Outlook 2003 to client computers when you finish configuring your server at the end of Setup. You can also use this disc to manually install Outlook on a client computer.
- Premium Technologies discs. If you purchased Windows SBS 2003 R2 Premium Edition, you also have the Premium Technologies discs. Use these discs to install the Premium Technologies, which include SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server with SP1.
- R2 Technologies disc. Use this disc to install the Windows SBS 2003 R2 Technologies, which include Windows SBS Update Services. This disc also contains Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 and SharePoint Services 2.0 Service Pack 2, which are prerequisites for installing the R2 Technologies.
- FrontPage 2003 disc. If you purchased Windows SBS 2003 R2 Premium Edition, you also have the FrontPage 2003 disc, which includes the Microsoft FrontPage® 2003 Web site creation and management tool. Use this disc to install FrontPage 2003 on one computer in your Windows SBS network, and then use FrontPage to create or modify your Internet Web site.
- Windows SBS 2003 R2 CAL document. This document contains information about client access licensing.