About the SQL Server 2005 End User License Agreement
The Microsoft End User License Agreement (EULA) is copied to the local computer when SQL Server 2005 is installed. The files are written to: %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\EULA\ or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\EULA\.
When multiple instances of the same SQL Server 2005 edition and language are installed on the same computer, a single copy of the EULA will apply to all instances of that edition and language.
The EULA file name indicates the edition of SQL Server 2005 as well as the SQL Server 2005 language edition. For example:
- License_DEV_ENU.txt for SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition, English language edition.
- License_STD_ITA.txt for SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition, Italian language edition.
- License_UA_JPN.txt for SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Advisor, Japanese language edition.
- License_SQLNCLI_ENU.txt for SQL Native Client, English language edition.
- License_SQLXML4_KOR.txt for SQLXML, Korean language edition.
The following file name segments are used to identify SQL Server 2005 editions:
- ENT - Enterprise Edition
- DEV - Developer Edition
- STD - Standard Edition
- WKGP - Workgroup Edition
- EXPR - Express Edition
- UA - Upgrade Advisor
The following file name segments are used to identify SQL Server 2005 languages:
- ENU - English
- JPN - Japanese
- FRA - French
- ITA - Italian
- KOR - Korean
- DEU - German
- ESN - Spanish
- CHS - Simplified Chinese
- CHT - Traditional Chinese
- NLA - Dutch
- PTB - Portuguese (Brazilian)
- SVE - Swedish
- RUS - Russian
SQL Server 2005 Licensing Options
For information about SQL Server 2005 pricing and licensing options, see this Microsoft Web site.
17 July 2006