Features (SQL Server Compact Edition)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition is a compact relational database that requires less than 2 MB of disk space and only about 5 MB of memory. In addition to being able to manage local data, SQL Server Compact Edition supports synchronization with other Microsoft SQL Server editions. SQL Server Compact Edition provides features that let developers create applications that operate effectively in today’s increasingly “occasionally connected” environment. SQL Server Compact Edition also shares a common programming model with other SQL Server editions. This enables developers to transfer skills and knowledge quickly and easily.
Features of SQL Server Compact Edition include the following:
- A compact Database Engine and a robust query optimizer.
- Support for merge replication and remote data access (RDA).
- Integration with Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Management tools are Microsoft and Express.
- Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
- Remote data access and merge replication to synchronize data.
- Microsoft .NET Framework and .NET Compact Framework Data Provider for SQL Server Compact Edition (System.Data.SqlServerCe).
- Support for Microsoft ADO.NET and the OLE DB provider for SQL Server Compact Edition.
- A subset of SQL syntax.
- Deployed as an embedded database on desktop computers, mobile devices, and tablet PCs.
- Support for ClickOnce deployment technology.