How to: Create a Drillthrough Action
In SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS), you enable drillthrough in a cube by creating a drillthrough action. You add a drillthrough action to a cube by using the Actions tab in Cube Designer, which can be accessed from Business Intelligence Development Studio. After you create the action, it becomes available to users after you redeploy and process the cube. For more information, see Processing in Analysis Services.
You cannot create a drillthrough action for a cell that is based on a calculated member.
To create a drillthrough action
Open the cube for which you want to create a drillthrough action, and under View, click Actions.
On the toolbar, click New Drillthrough Action, and then in the expression pane, do the following:
- In Name, type a name for the action.
- From the Measure Group Members drop-down list, select the measure group that you want to associate with the action.
If you want to include a selection of members from multiple measure groups, choose <All>.
- (Optional.) Under condition, create an MDX expression to limit the scope of the action target. You can either type the expression manually, or you can drag and drop items from the Metadata and Functions tabs.
- In the Drillthrough Columns table, use the drop-down list under Dimension to choose the dimension (or dimensions) that you want the client to display when the action executes. Under Return Columns, click the triangle to the right of the text box, select the check boxes next to the attributes that you want to display, and then click OK.
- (Optional.) Expand Optional Properties, and set any or all of the properties in this section. For more information, see How to: Add a Standard Action.