How to: Refresh a Data Source View Using Data Source View Designer
Use Business Intelligence Development Studio to update a data source view in a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS) project or database. During such a refresh, Analysis Services queries all underlying relational data sources to determine whether there have been changes in tables/views which are included in the data source view. If connections can be established to all underlying data sources and there have been any changes, you will see them in the Refresh Data Source View dialog box.
To refresh a data source view
In Business Intelligence Development Studio, open the project or connect to the database that contains the data source view that you want to update.
In Solution Explorer, expand the Data Source Views folder, then open the data source view in Data Source View Designer by doing one of the following:
- Double-click the data source view.
- Right-click the data source view and click Open.
- Click the data source view and then on the View menu, click Open.
Open the Refresh Data Source View dialog box by doing one of the following:
- On the Data Source View Designer toolbar, click Refresh Data Source View.
- On the Data Source View menu, click Refresh.
- Right-click an open area in the Diagram pane in Data Source View Designer and then click Refresh.
If a connection cannot be established to any of the underlying data sources utilized in the data source view, you will receive an error.
- In the Refresh Data Source View dialog box, review the changes that are listed, and then click OK or Cancel as appropriate.
If no changes have been made to any of the underlying data sources, the dialog box will list "No changes have been found". If changes have been made, you may need to repair affected objects in the Analysis Services project or database.
- Save the modified data source view by doing one of the following:
- On the File menu, click Save Selected Items or Save All.
- On the Data Source View Designer toolbar, click Save Selected Items or Save All.
- Close the Data Source View Designer in Business Intelligence Development Studio and then click Save when prompted.