Removes publishing metadata belonging to a specific publication at the Distributor. This stored procedure is executed at the Distributor on the distribution database.
sp_removedistpublisherdbreplication [ @publisher = ] 'publisher' , [ @publisher_db = ] 'publisher_db'
- [ @publisher= ] 'publisher'
Is the name of the Publisher server. publisher is sysname, with no default.
- [ @publisher_db= ] 'publisher_db'
Is the name of the publication database. publisher_db is sysname with no default.
Return Code Values
0 (success) or 1 (failure)
sp_removedistpublisherdbreplication is used by transactional and snapshot replication.
sp_removedistpublisherdbreplication is used when a published database must be recreated without also dropping the distribution database. The following metadata is removed:
- All publication metadata.
- Metadata for all articles belong to the publication.
- Metadata for all subscriptions to the publication.
- Metadata for all replication agent jobs that belong to the publication.
Only members of the sysadmin fixed server role at the Distributor or members of the db_owner fixed database role in the distribution database can execute sp_removedistpublisherdbreplication.