Managing Services How-to Topics
The Database Engine and SQL Server Agent run on the Microsoft Windows operating system as services. For more information about services, see Managing the Database Engine Services. You can start, pause, stop, and configure services with SQL Server Configuration Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, or from the command prompt.
In This Section
- Managing Services Using SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Managing Services Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Managing Services from the Command Prompt Using net Commands
- Managing SQL Server from the Command Prompt Using sqlservr.exe
- Additional Command Prompt Statements