Report Properties (Execution Page)
[This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change in future releases. Blank topics are included as placeholders.]
Use this page to set report execution properties for the currently selected report. These options determine when report processing occurs. You can set these options to schedule a report run for off-peak hours. Or if you have a report that is accessed frequently, you can temporarily cache copies of it to eliminate wait time if multiple users are accessing the same report within minutes of each other.
- Render this report with the most recent data
Choose from three different approaches to run a report that contains the most recent data. You can specify whether to execute a database query every time the report is executed, or you can cache temporary copies to improve performance.
- Do not cache temporary copies of this report
Select this option to query the data source each time the report is executed. Specifying this option means that the report can be executed at arbitrary times whenever a user opens the report.
- Cache the report. Expire after (minutes)
Select this option to reuse the query results for a report. Specify how long you want to keep the query results in the cache.
- Cache the report. Expire based on the following schedule
Select this option to reuse the query results for a report. Use a recurring schedule to define a date and time to empty the cache.
Render this report from an execution snapshot
Select the snapshot execution option for when you want to run a report during off-peak hours. Use a recurring schedule to specify when the snapshot is refreshed. You can choose an existing shared schedule or create a new schedule.
This option is available for reports that use stored credentials to access an external data source. For more information about storing credentials, see Specifying Credential and Connection Information.
- Create a snapshot of the report when this page is saved
Select this check box to create an initial snapshot. Use this option to create a snapshot if you do not want to wait for the schedule to generate the first one. You can also use this option to manually refresh the snapshot.
Report Execution Time-out Defaults
Specify time-out options used to stop report processing. You can choose from three different time-out options.
- Select Use the default setting to use the global report execution default value. Global settings for the report server are specified as server properties. For more information about viewing the default setting, see Server Properties (Execution Page).
- Select Do not timeout report execution to allow an unlimited amount of time for report processing.
- Select Limit report execution to the following number of seconds to specify a finite time period in which report execution must complete.