Configuration Manager Tasks for Deploying a Single Site
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
There are many tasks associated with deploying Configuration Manager 2007 sites. Some tasks are mandatory and must be accomplished for all sites. Other tasks are optional and vary depending on your specific site setup requirements. Because individual site setup requirements depend on many factors (including server hardware, server software, or even network configurations), individual site setup will not be the same in every situation.
In This Section
You must perform one or more of the tasks described in the following table to deploy a Configuration Manager site:
- Deploying the PKI Certificates Required for Native Mode
Provides information and references to help you deploy the certificates required by Configuration Manager 2007 native mode.
- How to Deploy a Site Using Simple Setup
Describes how to deploy a Configuration Manager site using simple setup settings.
- How to Deploy a Site Using Custom Setup
Describes how to deploy a Configuration Manager site using custom setup settings.
- How to Deploy a Site Using Scripted Installation Methods
Describes how to deploy a Configuration Manager site using scripted installation methods.
- How to Verify Successful Site Installation
Describes how to verify that your site has been successfully installed.
Although you do not need to perform the tasks described in the following table before you use Configuration Manager (because they are set to usable defaults), you might want to modify their default settings for specific purposes:
- How to Install a Management Point
Management point site systems are required for Configuration Manager sites that will have clients assigned to them.
- How to Extend the Active Directory Schema for Configuration Manager
Describes the steps involved in successfully extending the Active Directory schema for Configuration Manager.
- How to Manually Add Configuration Manager Site Information to WINS
Describes the steps to manually add Configuration Manager site information to Windows Internet Name Service (WINS).
- How to Install Configuration Manager Using a Remote SQL Server
Describes how to install a Configuration Manager site using a remote SQL Server to host the site database.
- How to Install Configuration Manager Using a Clustered SQL Server Instance
Describes how to install a Configuration Manager site using a clustered SQL Server instance to host the site database.
- How to Specify a Server Share Site System Installation Drive
Describes how to create a server share site system.
- How to Prevent Configuration Manager From Installing Files on a Specific Drive
Describes how to prevent Configuration Manager from installing files on specific drives by using the no_sms_on_drive.sms file.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.