Client Push Installation Wizard
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Use the Client Push Installation Wizard in Configuration Manager 2007 to install the Configuration Manager client to a collection, a query or a computer.
The client push installation wizard contains the pages described in the following table:
- Welcome Page
Displays an introduction page to identify the purpose of the wizard.
Installation Options Page
Configures the following options for client push installation:
- Include domain controllers: If this item is selected, then the Configuration Manager 2007 client will be installed to any domain controllers in the targeted resources.
If you have configured client push installation to install to domain controllers on the General tab of the Client Push Installation Properties dialog box then this item will be automatically selected and grayed out.
- Include only clients in this site's boundaries: If this item is selected, then any targeted computers must be in this Configuration Manager 2007 site boundaries to install the client software.
If no boundaries are defined for this Configuration Manager 2007 site then this item will be unavailable.
- Include subcollections: If this item is selected and you are targeting the client push installation to a collection, then any subcollections of this collection will also be targeted with the Configuration Manager 2007 client.
If you are targeting client push installation to a single computer or to the results obtained from running a query then this option will be unavailable.
- Always install (repair or upgrade existing client): If this item is selected then the Configuration Manager 2007 client will be installed on all applicable targeted computers, even if they already contain a Configuration Manager 2007 client.
- Completing the Wizard Page
This page lists the settings that were specified for this wizard. Click Finish to close the wizard and to begin the client push installation based on these settings.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.