Upgrade to System Center 2012 SP1 - DPM
Updated: May 13, 2016
Applies To: System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager
System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Data Protection Manager (DPM) supports an upgrade from System Center 2012 – Data Protection Manager (DPM) with Update Rollup 3 (KB2751230) installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 operating system.
If you are planning to upgrade two or more System Center components, it is imperative that you first consult the guide Upgrade Sequencing for System Center 2012 SP1. The order in which you perform component upgrades is important. Failure to follow the correct upgrade sequence might result in component failure for which no recovery options exist. The affected System Center components are:
- Service Manager
- Data Protection Manager (DPM)
- Operations Manager
- Configuration Manager
- Virtual Machine Manager
- App Controller
- Upgrade will require upgrading the DPM protection agents, which might force a restart of your protected computer.
- After upgrade, DPM will mark all replicas as inconsistent. You must run a manual consistency check after upgrade.
- If a protected computer is running Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista, you should download and install the following update, KB 975759.
- Upgrade from System Center 2012 SP1DPM Beta is not supported.