Tip: Easily Enable and Disable Web Access for Individual Users
Exchange Server 2007 enables Outlook Web Access for each user by default. If necessary, you can disable Outlook Web Access for specific users. This is easy to do by simply performing the following steps:
Tips RSS Feed
Subscribe to the TechNet Magazine Tips RSS feed.
1. Start Exchange Management Console by clicking Start, clicking All Programs, clicking Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, and then selecting Exchange Management Console.
2. Expand Recipient Configuration and then select Mailbox.
3. You should now see a list of users with Exchange mailboxes in the organization. Double-click the user’s name to open the Properties dialog box for the user account.
4. On the Mailbox Features tab, the enabled mobile and Web access features for the user are displayed.
- To disable Outlook Web Access for this user, under Feature, select Outlook Web Access, and then click Disable.
- To enable Outlook Web Access for this user, under Feature, select Outlook Web Access, and then click Enable.
5. Click OK.
From the Microsoft Press book Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Administrator’s Pocket Consultant, Second Edition by William R. Stanek.
Looking for More Tips?
For more Exchange Server tips, visit the TechNet Magazine Exchange Server 2007 Tips page.
For more Tips on other products, visit the TechNet Magazine Tips index.