External Collaboration Toolkit for SharePoint
Published: Feb 28, 2008 | Updated: Oct 20, 2009
The Solution Accelerators Team is pleased to announce that the ownership of the External Collaboration Toolkit for SharePoint (ECTS) has been transferred to the open source community. ECTS will now be exclusively supported and maintained by the members on CodePlex. As part of the community, users will receive access to ECTS software, planning and solution documents, and the Deployment and Operations guide. To access these resources, http://cks.codeplex.com/.
The code is now available on CodePlex as part of the Community Kit for SharePoint.
About The External Collaboration Toolkit for SharePoint
The External Collaboration Toolkit for SharePoint is intended to help address an organization’s ability to communicate with external business partners across the Internet using Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. It consists of software and guidance that will help you to deploy a customizable solution that teams can use to collaborate securely with partners outside the firewall. The toolkit’s familiar SharePoint interface makes the solution easy for project team members to understand and use.
Retired with this Solution Accelerator are the following components:
- Choosing an External Collaboration Solution.
- Planning for External Collaboration with SharePoint.
- Deployment and Operations Guide.
- You might also be interested in the Extranet Collaboration Manager for SharePoint 2007 from SharePoint Solutions. You can learn more at the SharePoint Solutions site.
- If you have questions or comments about the External Collaboration Toolkit for SharePoint, post them on the Community Kit for SharePoint.
- See other Solution Accelerators that focus on communication and collaboration at the Communication and Collaboration site on Microsoft TechNet.
- For more information about Solution Accelerators, see the Solution Accelerators site on Microsoft TechNet.
Community and Feedback
- Want to know what’s coming up next? Check out our Security Guidance Blog.
- If you’ve used a Solution Accelerator within your organization, please share your experience with us by completing this short survey (less than ten minutes long).
About Solution Accelerators
Solution Accelerators are authoritative resources that help IT professionals plan, deliver, operate, and manage IT systems that address real-world scenarios. Solution Accelerators provide free prescriptive guidance and automation to accelerate cross-product integration, core infrastructure development, and other enhancements.
Register to receive the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter so that you can stay informed about new Solution Accelerator releases and updates. The newsletter covers such areas of interest as
- Communication & Collaboration
- Security, Data Protection, & Recovery
- Operations & Management