Merge a virtual hard disk
To merge a virtual hard disk
- Open the Administration Website.
- In the navigation pane, under Virtual Disks, click Inspect.
- Do one of the following, and then click Inspect:
- In Known virtual hard disks, select the virtual hard disk that contains the changes you want to merge.
- In Fully qualified path to file, type the fully qualified path to the virtual hard disk file that contains the changes you want to merge.
- Under Actions, click Merge virtual hard disk.
- Take one of the following actions:
- Select Merge With Parent Virtual Hard Disk.
- Select Merge to New Virtual Hard Disk, and then complete the following steps:
Select a folder in which to store the new virtual hard disk. If the folder is not listed, in Step 2 type the fully qualified path when you name the virtual hard disk.
Type a name for the new virtual hard disk. You do not need to include a file name extension.
In Merged Virtual Hard Disk Type, select a type for the new virtual hard disk.
- Click Merge.
To perform this procedure, you must have the appropriate permissions. If you do not have the appropriate permissions, you will either receive an error message or you will not be able to view certain menu items and options described in this procedure. To change your permissions, contact your Virtual Server administrator. For more information, see Securing Virtual Server. For instructions on opening the Administration Website, see "Open the Administration Website" in Related Topics. When typing paths to folders or files, note that local file paths (for example, C:<EM>my disk files\my disk.vhd) reference the computer running the Virtual Server service. If the file or folder that you want to reference is on a computer other than the one running the Virtual Server service, you must use a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path (for example, \computer name\share\folder\file name).