Creating a WPAD entry in DHCP
Configure a WPAD entry on the DHCP server on the domain controller of the network from which automatic discovery requests from clients will be received (usually the default Internal network) as follows:
Creating an Option 252 entry in DHCP
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click DHCP.
- In the console tree, right-click the applicable DHCP server, click Set Predefined Options, and then click Add.
- In Name, type WPAD.
- In Code, type 252.
- In Data type, select String, and then click OK.
- In String, type http://Computer\_Name:Port/wpad.da where Port is the port number on which automatic discovery information is published. You can specify any port number. By default, Forefront TMG publishes automatic discovery information on port 8080. Ensure that you use lowercase letters when typing wpad.dat. Forefront TMG uses wpad.dat and is case sensitive.
- Right-click Server options, and then click Configure options. Confirm that Option 252 is selected.
You do not need to create anything specifically for Wspad.dat. Wspad.dat uses the same 252 option as wpad.dat and modifies the wpad.dat name to Wspad.dat as required.