Security and Protection for Mobile Device Manager
This section provides information about the security architecture in System Center Mobile Device Manager, best practices, and recommended Group Policy settings.
In This Section
- Security Considerations in Mobile Device Manager
Introduces security considerations for MDM.
- Security Risks in the Mobile Enterprise with MDM
Describes possible security threats to a company network that supports MDM and Windows Mobile 6.1 devices and discusses how you can protect against those threats.
- MDM Security Architecture
Describes the security architecture. This includes security-related roles and features in Windows Mobile 6.1.
- Security Best Practices in MDM
Presents security best practices for your MDM infrastructure.
- MDM and Microsoft Certification Authorities
Describes how MDM uses certificates from your existing Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and shows the certificate templates created during MDM installation.
- Server Administrator Roles in MDM
Presents tasks that can be performed by each administrator role and by using each MDM service.
- Server Infrastructure Roles in MDM
Presents tasks that can be performed by the server infrastructure role. These roles are represented through MDM infrastructure groups that the Active Directory Configuration Tool (ADConfig) creates.
- Recommended Group Policy Settings in MDM
Presents recommended policy settings for several scenarios.