Creates a custom toolbar.
Use the ToolBar object to create your own toolbars for your applications.
The following list describes the properties of a custom toolbar:
- Toolbars are always on top.
- Toolbars automatically dock when they are moved to the edge of the main Visual FoxPro window.
- When toolbars are not docked, they have a half-height title bar.
- When the size of a toolbar is changed, the controls are arranged to fit.
- You can move a toolbar by clicking and dragging in any area of the toolbar that is not a control.
- Many controls placed on the toolbar do not receive the focus when they are chosen.
- Access keys in controls placed in a toolbar are disabled.
Although any control can be placed on a toolbar, some controls, such as a list box, may be too large to fit properly in a docked toolbar. These controls can be programmatically removed from the toolbar when the toolbar is docked and replaced with a smaller version of the same control or a different control.
For additional information about creating toolbars, see Designing Menus and Toolbars.
The following example demonstrates how you can create a toolbar from the Toolbar class. Visual FoxPro rearranges the buttons when the toolbar is resized. When the ToolBar object is created, Visual FoxPro automatically places the controls from left to right in the order they are added to the class definition, ignoring the controls' Top and Left properties.
PUBLIC tbrDesktop tbrDesktop = CREATEOBJ('mytoolbar') tbrDesktop.SHOW DEFINE CLASS myToolBar AS Toolbar ADD OBJECT btnBold AS CommandButton ADD OBJECT sep1 AS Separator ADD OBJECT btnItalics AS CommandButton btnBold.HEIGHT = 20 btnBold.WIDTH = 50 btnBold.Caption = "Bold" btnItalics.HEIGHT = 20 btnItalics.WIDTH = 50 btnItalics.Caption = "Italic" btnItalics.FontBold = .F. LEFT = 1 TOP = 1 WIDTH = 25 CAPTION = "Desktop Attributes" PROCEDURE Activate this.btnBold.FontBold = _SCREEN.FONTBOLD this.btnItalics.FontItalic = _SCREEN.FONTITALIC ENDPROC PROCEDURE btnBold.CLICK _SCREEN.FONTBOLD = !_SCREEN.FONTBOLD This.FontBold =_SCREEN.FONTBOLD ENDPROC PROCEDURE btnItalics.CLICK _SCREEN.FONTITALIC = !_SCREEN.FONTITALIC This.FontItalic = _SCREEN.FONTITALIC ENDPROC ENDDEFINE