Visual Basic Concepts
Working with Objects
When you create an application in Visual Basic, you work with objects. You can use objects provided by Visual Basic — such as controls, forms, and data access objects. You can also control other applications' objects from within your Visual Basic application. You can even create your own objects, and define additional properties and methods for them.
The following topics discuss objects in detail:
- What is an Object? An introduction to the concept of objects.
- What Can You Do with Objects? A discussion of some ways that objects can be used in an application.
- The Basics of Working with Objects An introduction to the properties and methods exposed by objects.
- How are Objects Related to Each Other? A discussion of object hierarchies, collections, and containers.
- Creating Objects A discussion of how objects can be created and used at run time.