What's New in the MMC 3.0 Guidelines
The MMC 3.0 Guidelines contains several new conceptual topics on how to plan and architect your snap-in. It also includes guidance on using new controls, and it presents the guidelines and recommended usage for the redesigned snap-in start pages, the results pane, and the new wizard navigation pane.
The guidelines also include information about the various screen areas at resolutions of 1024 × 768 or 800 × 600.
- Architecting Management Tools
- Architecting the Management User Experience
- Making Hard Decisions about What to Include
- Designing for Operations
- Constructing Snap-ins
- Mapping Feature Functionality to the User Experience.
- Checklist of Architecting Guidelines
- Best Practices: Monitoring
- Best Practices: Reporting
New design elements
- Actions pane
- Description bar
- Inline messages
- Console sizing
- Snap-in start pages
- Visual design
- Results pane wizards