When working with CLFS Management policies, be aware of the following:
- There are default policies that are in effect until they are overwritten by client policies.
- Client policies are not persistent; they are in effect until they are overwritten or until all log handles have been closed. When all log handles are closed, the log reverts to the default policies.
- All clients are subject to the same policies, even if they are using other log streams.
- A policy does not take effect immediately after it is installed; a specific log action triggers the change, such as adding a record.
- You can only install one policy at a time.
- Installing a policy overwrites the defaults.
- You can only set one group of policies per physical log.
- If more than one client updates a policy, the updates can overwrite each other and cause unexpected results. Therefore, managed clients must have consistent policies if those clients are going to share a physical log.
- You can reset a policy to its default state by calling RemoveLogPolicy.