GPMC Features and Functionality
The Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) has programmatic interfaces for the following features:
- Backing up, restoring, importing, and copying Group Policy objects (GPOs).
- Creating, deleting, and renaming GPOs and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) filters.
- Linking GPOs and WMI filters.
- Searching for GPOs.
- Delegating Group Policy-related features including permissions on GPOs and WMI filters, policy-related permissions on SOMs (sites, domains, and OUs), and creation rights for GPOs and WMI filters.
- Reporting GPO settings.
- Reporting Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) data.
- Creating and modifying migration tables.
- Creating RSoP queries.
For more information about backup, restore, import, and copy operations, see GPO Operations Supported by the GPMC.