Create an Index File
The index (.hhk) file is an HTML file that contains the index entries (keywords) for your index. When a user opens the index in a compiled help file, or on a Web page, and clicks a keyword, the HTML file associated with the keyword will open.
Using HTML Help Workshop, you can:
- Create an index for a Web page.
- Create keywords with multiple targets.
- Create keywords that have links to other help files or to Web pages.
- Create a keyword that jumps to another keyword (similar to a See Also in a book index).
- Assign information types to keywords.
- Set a keyword to be inactive.
After you have created a help system or a Web site, you can view the index file in the Help Viewer or by using a Web browser.