Indexing Service is no longer supported as of Windows XP and is unavailable for use as of Windows 8. Instead, use Windows Search for client side search and Microsoft Search Server Express for server side search.
The IISSearch sample is a set of HTML and ASP forms that demonstrates how to use IIS to query Indexing Service. The forms use Indexing Service Query Language queries and the Query Helper API, use SQL queries and the ADO and Query Helper APIs, and use IDQ+HTX and the ISAPI Extensions API.
To install the sample files
- Open a command window and change the directory to the source path of the sample.
- Determine where your Inetpub directory resides.
- If it resides on %SystemDrive%, you can use the install.bat file without modifying it.
- If it resides on another drive, modify the dst environment variable in the install.bat file to define the location of your inetpub directory.
- At the command prompt, type "install".
The sample files are copied to the directory specified by the dst environment variable, which specifies by default the directory %SystemDrive%\Inetpub\IISSamples\ISSamples.
To use using the sample forms
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Type the URL "http://localhost/iissamples/issamples/default.htm".
- In the left frame, select the sample query to execute.
The sample files include the following.
An advanced Active Server Pages (ASP) example written in VBScript and Microsoft JScript that illustrates server-side scripting to execute Indexing Service Query Language queries using the Query Helper API.
An advanced ASP example written in VBScript and JScript that illustrates server-side scripting to execute SQL queries using the ADO and Query Helper APIs.
An HTML page that provides easy access to each sample.
fastq.htm, fastq.idq, fastq.htx
An optimized IDQ+HTX example that uses the ISAPI Extensions API.
A simple ASP example written in VBScript and JScript that illustrates server-side scripting to execute Indexing Service Query Language queries using the Query Helper API.
query.htm, query.idq, query.htx
A simple IDQ+HTX example that uses the ISAPI Extensions API.
A simple ASP example written in VBScript that illustrates the execution of queries using the OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service API.