Using the Package and Deployment Wizard
Use the Visual Basic Package and Deployment Wizard to create a package and setup program for a snap-in created in Visual Basic.
The following files are required for a Visual Basic snap-in installation:
- Snap-in dynamic-link library (DLL) created by Visual Basic
- Snap-in designer runtime (Mssnapr.dll)
- Visual Basic 6.0 runtime (Msvbvm60.dll)
You can also use the Package and Deployment Wizard to create a package for a saved console file. Before you start, place the console file (.msc) in a directory that contains a snap-in project, and then use the following procedure.
To create a package for a saved console file
- On the Visual Basic Tools menu, click Package and Deployment Wizard.
- In the Select Project drop-down list box, click the snap-in project you want to use or click the Browse button to locate the snap-in project.
- Click Next to continue to the page entitled "Package and Deployment Wizard–Included Files," and then click Add.
- In the Files of type drop-down list box, click All Files.
- Select the saved console file (.msc), and then click Open.
- Proceed to the Start Menu Items page, and then click New Item.
- In the Target drop-down list box, click the .msc file to use.
- In the Name text box, type the name you want for your icon, and then click OK.
- Click Finish to close the Package and Deployment Wizard.