Retrieving Playback Information
You can retrieve additional information about the currently-playing media, such as:
- Buffering progress. Use the MediaTransport.BufferingProgress property to retrieve a value that indicates the buffering progress as a percentage. For example, when streaming large videos, you can provide feedback to end users informing them of the buffering progress.
- Play state. Use the MediaTransport.PlayState property to determine the playback state. For example, you can find out whether the current item is playing, stopped, buffering, paused, or finished.
- Play rate. Use the MediaTransport.PlayRate to determine the current rate and direction of playback. For example, find out if the item is being fast-forwarded at high speed.
- Position. Use the MediaTransport.Position to determine the current position in the media stream.
For more information, see the samples in the the Sample Explorer.
- MediaExperience > MediaTransport