Developing a Networked Media Device (Windows CE 5.0)
With the Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack, you can create devices that consumers can use to playback audio and video on their home networks. You can also use these features to develop Digital Set-Top Boxes, Media Players, and Digital Video recorders.
In This Section
- Media Device Overview
Discusses how the Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack allows you to develop media devices using Windows CE.
- How to Develop a Networked Media Device
Provides a step-by step guide to developing a Networked Media Device.
- Designing Hardware for Networked Media Devices
Discusses considerations to investigate when designing the hardware for a networked media device.
- Developing a Board Support Package for a Networked Media Device
Describes how to develop a board support package (BSP) for an NMD.
- Developing a Device Driver for a Networked Media Device
Describes how to develop a device driver for an NMD.
- Networked Media Device Architecture
Discusses the components of a networked media device.
- Customizing a Networked Media Device
Discusses the steps needed to customize the sample code provided in the feature pack to suite your own needs.
- Adding a Digital Video Recorder
Discusses how the Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack helps you to develop Digital Set Top Boxes using Windows CE.
- Debugging and Testing a Networked Media Device
Discusses the tools necessary to debug and test a networked media device and conduct performance testing regularly in every stage of target device development.
- Networked Media Device Best Practices
Discusses important tips and tricks for developing a Networked Media Device.
- Networked Media Device Security
Discusses important security issues that you should be aware of when implementing a Networked Media Device.
- Networked Media Device Registry Settings
Discusses the registry settings that affect the components of the networked media device.
- Developing a Target Device
This section provides step-by-step instructions for developing a target device. It also provides step-by-step instructions for developing some specific target devices.
- Hardware Compatibility and Third-party Device Drivers
Provides information about hardware compatibility, third-party device drivers, and BSP certification.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors