Troubleshooting USB Boot
USB boot may fail because:
- The USB storage device is not properly formatted, or,
- The BIOS and USB storage device are not compatible.
- The BIOS fails to properly enumerate bootable devices.
In This Section
- Formatting the USB Storage Device
Discusses the need to properly format the USB storage device.
- Verifying BIOS and USB Storage Device Compatibility
Provides the procedure for verifying that the BIOS and USB storage device are compatible.
- Verifying Bootable Devices
Discusses using the USBNDT.CHK tool to debug USB boot failures.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 18, 2006
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.