POS for .NET v1.14.1 SDK Documentation
Microsoft Point of Service for .NET (POS for .NET) v1.14.1 is a class library that enables POS developers to apply Microsoft .NET technologies in their products.
POS for .NET v1.14.1 provides the following:
- A simple and consistent interface for.NET Framework applications to interact with POS devices.
- A set of interfaces and classes created to help vendors write applications for common devices such as Cash Drawers or Line Displays.
- A fully compliant implementation of the Unified Point of Service (UnifiedPOS) v1.14 international standard.
- Support for Windows Plug and Play functionality.
POS for .NET does not provide any support for the Windows Runtime (WinRT) API. For more information about POS device support in WinRT, see Windows.Devices.PointOfService namespace on MSDN.
The following documentation can help you use POS for .NET to develop POS applications and Service Objects (SOs) more efficiently, learn more about the benefits of POS for .NET, and achieve better compatibility with POS devices.
In This Section
- Copyright Information for POS for .NET v1.14.1
Provides copyright information about POS for .NET v1.14.1.
- POS for .NET FAQ
Provides answers to frequently asked questions for POS for .NET.
- What's New in POS for .NET v1.14 and v1.14.1
Describes the features introduced in the 1.14 and 1.14.1 versions of POS for .NET.
- POS for .NET v1.14.1 Features
Provides an in-depth view at POS for .NET, its architecture, and features in the following topics:
- POS for .NET Architecture
- Service Object Overview
- Supported Device Classes
- Event Management
- POS Exception Handling
- POS for .NET Integration with Plug and Play
- Log Files
- Integration of Legacy Service Objects
- Developing a POS Application
Describes the POS for .NET predefined interfaces and classes, how best to use them in your code, and demonstrates suitable procedures for developing POS for .NET code in the following topics:
- Developing a Custom Service Object
Discusses the procedures, issues, and conventions for developing custom service objects in the following topics:
- POS for .NET Service Object Architecture
- System Configuration
- Service Object Samples: Getting Started
- Developing Service Objects Using Base Classes
- Device Input and Events
- Device Output Models
- Asynchronous Output Sample
- Statistics Sample
- Base Class DirectIO Method
- Capability Properties
- Manually manage your POS for .NET devices
Describes how to manually manage your POS for .NET devices by modifying the POS for .NET configuration xml file.
- POS Device Manager
Describes how POS for .NET helps you manage your POS devices in the following topics:
- Configure a device for remote management
- Using the WMI API to Manage Devices
- Using Visual Studio .NET Management Extensions and the POS for .NET WMI Management Classes
- Using the POS Device Manager Command-Line Tool