EWF Performance Considerations (Windows Embedded Standard 2009)
This section includes topics about how you can improve the performance of your run-time image with EWF enabled.
In This Section
- Changing the Location of the Event Log
Describes how to change the location of the system event log to a non-protected volume.
- Changing the Location of the Pagefile
Describes how to change the location of a system pagefile to a non-protected volume.
- Changing the Location of the Temporary Files Folder
Describes how to change the location of the temporary files directory to a non-protected volume.
- Disabling Disk Defragmentation
Describes how to disable background disk defragmentation and auto-layout services.
- Disabling Last Access Time Stamps
Describes how to disable NTFS last access time stamps.
- Disabling Prefetch
Describes how to disable Prefetch to improve EWF performance.
- Disabling System Restore
Describes how to disable system restore.
- Enhanced Write Filter
Describes the Enhanced Write Filter Help topics.
- Enhanced Write Filter API
Describes the Enhanced Write Filter API functions.
- EWF Design Considerations
Describes some of the considerations to make when configuring EWF.