Connection Manager for Portable Navigation Devices
Applies to Windows Embedded NavReady
Connection Manager in Windows Embedded NavReady manages network connections for Windows Embedded NavReady powered devices, regardless of the service provider that establishes the connection. Windows Embedded NavReady powered devices can access data networks, such as the Internet, by using a Bluetooth wireless connection or an ActiveSync Desktop Pass-through (DTPT) data connection.
Connection Manager chooses the optimal connection for an application. The choice is fast and transparent to the application. The application does not have to know which connection path is chosen; Connection Manager always uses the most optimal connection path..
Connection Manager handles many different types of connections. These include connections that use ActiveSync Desktop Pass-through (DTPT), Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP), and Bluetooth Dial-up Networking (DUN) profile.
In This Section
- Connection Manager Overview for Portable Navigation Devices
Provides an overview of the features of Connection Manager, and describes the Connection Manager functionality.
- Connection Manager OS Design Development for Portable Navigation Devices
Provides information about developing an operating-system (OS) design that includes support for Connection Manager.
- Connection Manager Application Development for Portable Navigation Devices
Provides an overview of the Connection Manager architecture, together with detailed information about how to enable an application to use Connection Manager.
- Connection Manager How-to Topics for Portable Navigation Devices
Provides guidelines for how to complete development tasks for integrating Connection Manager functionality into an application.
- Connection Manager Configuration for Portable Navigation Devices
Provides information about configuring Connection Manager by modifying the XML provisioning file in the portable navigation device (PND).
- Connection Manager Security for Portable Navigation Devices
Describes security issues and provides recommendations for enhancing Connection Manager security.
- Connection Manager Registry Settings for Portable Navigation Devices
Describes the registry settings that you can use to configure Connection Manager.
- Connection Manager Reference
Describes the Connection Manager API programming elements.